Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Law enforcement is warning you, watch your truck.

A new study suggests they are the most popular vehicles for thieves to steal.

East Texas auto theft task force detectives have stacks and stacks of vehicle theft cases they work everyday.

Now, they've released the lastest report- the 2006 Texas top stolen vehicles.

It's a list they say is accurate and should send a "red flag" to those who own those vehicles.

Here's the list-
1. GM Pickup
2. Ford Pickup
5. Dodge Pickup
4. Honda Accord
5. Honda Civic
6. Ford Taurus
7. GM Suburban
8. Toyota Camry
9. Ford Mustang
10. Dodge Intrepid

All nice vehicles that Texas owners like to drive making thieves anxious to get their hands on them.

Detectives say the age group with the largest number of arrests for vehicle thefts is 15 to 19 year olds.

In 2006 alone, vehicle thefts cost Texans more money than any other crime.

The price tag topped 900-million dollars.

Detectives say there are precautions you can take to deter thieves- like removing your keys from the ignition when you get out of your car, lock your doors
and keep those windows rolled up..

July is officially "Texas watch your car month."

Detectives say that's because July is the month when most vehicles are stolen across the state.

[/b]

I thought nobody liked it :lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
It's true too, I just watched cops or whatever it was, and they had like 4 instances of where they were chasing Tauruses. I thought one of them was Ken's car, green gen3. :blink:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Let's see

Rudy,Mark and Luke all live in Tx.

Coincedence?

Mike
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Let's see

Rudy,Mark and Luke all live in Tx.

Coincedence?

Mike
:dunno:
[/b]
How do think i acquired mine? :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Now I see why Rudy is Prez of the southern area!!!!! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
HEHEHEHEHE!!!!! I'm in your drive way stealink your carzzz!!!!
and I can see in the dark!!! LOL

[attachmentid=19592]

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I took this blue 02 SEL to Texas Motor Speedway and "Drove it Like I Stole It". Even ended up in Victory Lane.

I don't worry about auto theft here too much. My bull is garage kept in a good neighborhood, and I work where there are armed guards on the gate, and you have to have access to get into the parking lot.

(wait... that is just where I parked my bull... it is gone... what do I do now...) Just kidding.

I am suprised the bull is that high on the list. Does anyone know what year bull is most susceptable to theft?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Probably the earlier gens, since they dont have the chip in the keys. Your new taurus is but a screwdriver's turn away!

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
You can't even hotwire your own car anymore :blink:

I want a bumper sticker that says "If I stole it, I would drive slow" ... because I usually drive slow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
millermagic
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing