Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend has a 2016 Bull SEL. This past weekend he brought it over for brakes all around. In the process he brought over some new wheel and tire set up. Right off the bat I knew something was off as they looked extremely small. I mounted one and dropped the car sure enough it looked extremely small with a lot of excess wheel well gap. I know there's a formula out there to get the correct set up. I know the main issue is in the tire as the wheel is a 20in. Can any one help out or lead me into the formula to get correct wheel size.

He's currently on factory set up with P235/55R18

Wheel Spec:
VCT Mancini 20x8.5 +40Mm V6320851051101143 40BM

Tire size:
225/35R20

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Vehicle Bicycle tire

·
Registered
2013 Taurus Limited
163 Posts
See this link

In the end what you are most concerned about is the overall diameter. Anything within +/- .25" off stock is OK. Anything above will be an issue - not so much for driving mechanics but top speed, speedo read-out, DTE, MPG etc, all will be off significantly (I don't think you could adjust the tire size to that extent in Forscan).

For the tire you mention, the 20" one is off by 2" in diameter! Yea, you don't really want to mount that one. The closest stock match would in this case be 235/45R20

·
Registered
2015 Ford Taurus Limited
11 Posts
there is a tire size calculator that you can use in conjunction with FORSCAN, if you're comfortable messing with the AS built format. I went front 245/45/r20 to 255/55/r18's with no issue

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
363 Posts
So my friend has a 2016 Bull SEL. This past weekend he brought it over for brakes all around. In the process he brought over some new wheel and tire set up. Right off the bat I knew something was off as they looked extremely small. I mounted one and dropped the car sure enough it looked extremely small with a lot of excess wheel well gap. I know there's a formula out there to get the correct set up. I know the main issue is in the tire as the wheel is a 20in. Can any one help out or lead me into the formula to get correct wheel size.

He's currently on factory set up with P235/55R18

Wheel Spec:
VCT Mancini 20x8.5 +40Mm V6320851051101143 40BM

Tire size:
225/35R20

View attachment 218953
I created a spreadsheet a while back that might be helpful. This takes into account not just the rim and tire diameters, but also width and offset. It will give you the amount of change, from the original, of height, wheel and tire going to the outside, going to the inside, and to your speedometer if you don’t change settings. Just type in the specs of the factory tire and wheel and then you can add specs from any set up you (or your friend) is considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts