Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone makes sporty looking aesthetic upgrade tail lights for the Gen3 Taurus. If not, I have been contemplating the idea of making my own with some clear UV resistant resin. But that is a time consuming process, and if I were to pursue that idea, I would want to make more than one set.

So does anyone know of anything currently available out there, and if not, is anyone else interested in different looking lights.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Not that I know of. The only one that has aftermarket lights available are the G2 and G4's.

I'd be interested if my Vulcanator wasn't totaled.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, so I figure I will start with the Gen3 Wagon Tail lights since I have a Wagon, and will post pictures to show you all what I have come up with. From there, let me know if you like, dislike, suggestions. Also, if you guys can post pictures of tail lights you guys like, both for inspiration and for sharing your preferences. I will make a similar light for the Gen3 sedan as well. If all goes well and I get closer to developing this, it might come to a group buy thing, after which, I will look at making them available through SHOSource.

PS, can the moderator move this over to the Aesthetic section, I didn't mean to post this in here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd be in as long as they don't look rice. I think I would dig some smoked out LEDs. They'd have to blend with the reflector part on the truck lid. Sorry it's 4:30am and I can't think of the right name.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Seriously, no one other than me would like to see a different style tail light on a Gen3 Taurus?
I'm sure there are, but does other type of Gen 3 tails exist? No. Do you want to start a group buy for some custom tails? You could, but you probably won't have enough people who can front you the money.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I'd love to have aftermarket taillights but there isn't anything out there yet, and nobody wants to front the money to get a custom taillight built.

It's been tried on here before and sadly the only solution is to build it yourself :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts