Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to install an aftermarket tach. I dont want to be bothered with a whole cluster change so i figure this may be an easy way out. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You'd still probably need to take the dash apart to do it since you either need to get a wire thru the firewall or tap into the wiring harness. Just go with a cluster change. It'll look a lot better and saves space.

BTW, Welcome to the club. :tcca:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice, im going to the junkyard in few days so ill take look for a cluster.

·
Registered
517 Posts
hey my friend just put an aftermarket tach from AZ on his truck i guess it is not that bad it comes with a wire diagram .. i guess you just have like 3 or 4 wires one to a hot one to your coil and a ground some thing like that

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 23 2004, 10:23 AM
An aftermarket tach would look so cheesy in our cars. Stick with a cluster change...

JR
cheesy?! it'd look amazing with my new racing stripe, side flames, and 747 wing
+22312hp!

S

·
0 Posts
I personally dont see a reason for a Tach... seeing that they come stock with a Tach. Also if yours doesn't.... you can always change the cluster! So... no reason for a cheezy tach.

SableSal

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
G1 and G2 Taurus usually don't come with the tach standard. They do come standard on the higher trim levels, but are an option on the lower trims.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The stock tachometer is really not that accurate, but it's not like it really needs to be. There are people on here that use an aftermarket tach.

I wouldn't put one on, but that's because I already have the stock tach. If you don' thave one, and want the dash one instead of the cluster one, go for it.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
My SHO has an aftermarket tach. :neutral:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts