Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Ford Taurus SE Sedan 3.0L
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started replacing my speakers in my 05 bull, since they are all original factory and are starting to just wear out in general.

Metra has adapters to keep the factory wiring intact, but so far I've had nothing but issues with those, has anyone else had any issues getting those darn things to actually clip into the factory wiring, or is there something better out there?

I've got the two front doors kind of done, they wouldn't go far enough to clip in, so I just electrical taped them to hold so I'd at least have something. Just curious what everyone else has used to install aftermarkets, I'm imaging just chopping off the factory connector and crimping connectors on or something would be better, but would rather avoid that if I can, never selling it, since the car has sentimental value.

But those Metra adapters seem to be pretty crap, not going in all the way (and I was pushing as hard as I safely felt comfortable doing), or the one that did snap it the negative prong pushed out, and I'm not even sure that they aren't reversed polarity, which I don't think the polarity matters too much since I'm replacing everything so it will be all equal.

Just curious and open to other suggestions, or other adapters, mainly curious how others went about it, tired of taking those door panels off (I have a box of aftermarket clips for the door panels just in case as well) 😂

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
363 Posts
I started replacing my speakers in my 05 bull, since they are all original factory and are starting to just wear out in general.

Metra has adapters to keep the factory wiring intact, but so far I've had nothing but issues with those, has anyone else had any issues getting those darn things to actually clip into the factory wiring, or is there something better out there?

I've got the two front doors kind of done, they wouldn't go far enough to clip in, so I just electrical taped them to hold so I'd at least have something. Just curious what everyone else has used to install aftermarkets, I'm imaging just chopping off the factory connector and crimping connectors on or something would be better, but would rather avoid that if I can, never selling it, since the car has sentimental value.

But those Metra adapters seem to be pretty crap, not going in all the way (and I was pushing as hard as I safely felt comfortable doing), or the one that did snap it the negative prong pushed out, and I'm not even sure that they aren't reversed polarity, which I don't think the polarity matters too much since I'm replacing everything so it will be all equal.

Just curious and open to other suggestions, or other adapters, mainly curious how others went about it, tired of taking those door panels off (I have a box of aftermarket clips for the door panels just in case as well) 😂
I don't know for your gen, but my 99 3rd gen wagon used the Metra connectors at the front doors and hatch without issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts