Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering since i don't really have the money for the suv harness that i see everyone useing i was wondering if i could just make one myself? cause if i think about it all it does is take the power from the original harness and sends it to a relay which closes it and then you have a power wire from the battery to the bulb right? if thats not right please let me know. i know you have to use a fuse in the battery curcuit but thats basicly what the harness does right?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I believe the one Spridget is speaking about is APC #509106, (9007 bulbs). I bought mine last year from Summit, but I just took a look on there site, and they say that this is not available. I am sure if you look around online you can still get them somewhere. The price was reasonable, and the Harness works just fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i was wondering since i don't really have the money for the suv harness that i see everyone useing i was wondering if i could just make one myself? cause if i think about it all it does is take the power from the original harness and sends it to a relay which closes it and then you have a power wire from the battery to the bulb right? if thats not right please let me know. i know you have to use a fuse in the battery curcuit but thats basicly what the harness does right?
[/b]
Not a hard job, you can do it yourself. Just make sure you make good connections, crimping wires is not bad, soldering is better. Don't forget to upgrade the ground wire, best run it to the battery (-) post.

Stan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts