Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find an aftermarket grille for my 04 Taurus SES. I hate the black egg crate grille on it and I am looking for a billet or something to that effect. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
230 Posts
i'll yell at you first and save brad the trouble :p , SEARCH!!!!

with that out of the way, most people use gutterguard (amuminum mesh) in the grille, it looks pretty good, hides the "black egg crate grille", or if you want you could paint the grille instead.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i tied it on with fishing line ... may sound wired but you can't see a bit of line...couple of my friends did it and i really liked it so i copied them :p

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Originally posted by HueyStLoui@Oct 8 2004, 04:29 PM
Does the spear come off the grill? I always thought it was part of the grill :eek: How does it come off?
it just kind of pulls of, at least mine do, im not 100% sure if thats the right way though, so wait for someone smarter than me to tell you

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Oct 8 2004, 03:51 PM
i tied it on with fishing line ... may sound wired but you can't see a bit of line
I did the same thing to the 97, only I used some kind of wire, not noticable unless you're looking for it.

Also, I used mAd cHr0m3 spray paint, looks pretty good IMO, and hides the ugly radiator on the GenIII's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by dnehthend+Oct 8 2004, 04:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnehthend @ Oct 8 2004, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HueyStLoui@Oct 8 2004, 04:29 PM
Does the spear come off the grill?  I always thought it was part of the grill :eek:  How does it come off?
it just kind of pulls of, at least mine do, im not 100% sure if thats the right way though, so wait for someone smarter than me to tell you [/b][/quote]
There's little clippy things on the back (at a loss of words for a more technical name). Got my spear sitting in the garage.

Derek

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
What you want for the mesh is expanded steel. It's basically a sheet of thin steel, with holes punched in it. The steel is then headed and pulled so that the holes get to be bigger and bigger. Look at Home Depot. It's also referred to as gutter guard, as people cover their gutters with it to keep leaves out.

JR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts