Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so, after searching through the forums here for awhile on what I can do for an aftermarket stereo system due to having an electronic climate control thing, I think I have come up with something that from what I am thinking, should work, but I wanted to ask some people who know what they are doing before I go into buying stuff. My plan is to:

1. Cut what's coming out of my RCU (I'm assuming thats like my stock amp? I don't know I'm a noob...) and

2. Use This as a Line Out Converter (If there are suggestions for a better one, let me know. This is just what I found.)

3. Take what comes out of the line out and send it to This Amp

4. Then hook these speakers up to the amp.

Should this work? I honestly have no idea what I am doing, so please tell me if I'm wrong.

Also, I have a 6 cd changer with my Mach system, I will still be able to use it right?

Thanks a ton for any help :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so if it should work, would it be possible for me to add on a sub woofer at a later time with a mono amp? I don't really have the money to buy a sub and a bigger amp at the moment.

Also, with my mach system, I have tweeters. How do those hook into the new setup?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok, so if it should work, would it be possible for me to add on a sub woofer at a later time with a mono amp? I don't really have the money to buy a sub and a bigger amp at the moment.

Also, with my mach system, I have tweeters. How do those hook into the new setup? [/b]
Yes, it is possible and extremely easy to add another amp, just make sure it is a Class D mono amp with pre-amp OUTPUTS. You need to take the rear RCAs' and connect them to the mono amp, and run RCA's to the four channel amp rear RCA's.

As for the tweeters, just use the stock speaker wires that you used for the speakers as you are most likely not going to run new wires. This might be confusing, but just break it down piece by piece if necessary and you will understand. If you have any more questions, I will be glad to help. Jordan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts