Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what wires come out of the RCU to go into a 4 channel amp to amp the speakers?

I know its the speaker wires obviously. but which ones are the speaker wires? and which ones go to what speakers or does it even matter?
:mellow:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sooooo.... I found the schematics in my haynes manual. since no one has ever posted them I will let every one know who doesnt loud and clear here.

Orange/Lt Green and Lt Blue/White - Left Front door speaker

DK green/orange and White/Lt Green - Right front door speaker

Grey/Lt Blue and Tan/Yellow - Left Rear Speaker

Brown/Pink and Orange/Red - Right Rear Speaker

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You can try to trace the wires directly from the speakers. You'd have to take off the door panels to get to the front speakers, but the rear speakers and their wires are visible from the trunk area.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plus nobody was answering the damn question before you posted it. everyone was just talking nonsense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sooooo.... I found the schematics in my haynes manual. since no one has ever posted them I will let every one know who doesnt loud and clear here.

Orange/Lt Green and Lt Blue/White - Left Front door speaker

DK green/orange and White/Lt Green - Right front door speaker

Grey/Lt Blue and Tan/Yellow - Left Rear Speaker

Brown/Pink and Orange/Red - Right Rear Speaker
Thank you for buying the book and posting the color schematic for this, I play on by passing the RCU when I install a new aftermarket head unit its still so weird to have do all this from the trunk instead of from the actually head unit connections in the front...genius...engineering at its finest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts