Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting a new Vulcan engine in my 99 Taurus and had problems with the oil pump. I didnt prime it so I ended up filling the car with more oil then needed and WITHOUT starting the car cranked it over for a while. I drained the oil and put 5QT. back in the car and now the pump works GREAT! engine is running at its best.....but somehow when I shift the car into ANY gear the tranny wont do anything. The engine drops below idle like it would when its shifting into gear but no movement. When I put the car back into park or atleast try I hear a grinding sound..... I somehow feel that I didnt put the tourque converter back in right but I have no idea how to do that. I replaced a shaft boot after getting the engine in and when the car was in park then it was actually in park....as of now if the E brake isnt on then the car will just roll down hills even in park or any gears.....Im getting really frustrated with this car at this point but I love it to death......someone PLEASE HELP!....I cant find anything on google about it or on TCCA site.....Nothing in haynes or chiltons either.....

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
check the bulkhead connector???

·
Registered
198 Posts
are you sure you lined it up straight to the trans mission? i once put my dads trans back in his van (its a ford 86 ecoline)and didnt get it in straight and it did the same thin come to find out when he started the engine it broke the tranny pump shaft and i had to take it all apart and get a new bump shaft and put it back together right. (maiden voyage it snapped the drive shaft and he took it to the scrap yard). so maybe something similar happening to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts