Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 SHO, trying to hook up an amp. i need to get the "remote wire" seeing as how there is the "external amp" for inside speakers, i was wondering if anyone knew what wire the "remote" is... or if there is a helpful key for all the wires?!?!

plz hit me bak ASAP

·
Registered
587 Posts
you can get some thing called a "fuse tap" at auto zone all you got to do is tap the accessory turn on wire which is the radio power on most ford 12 volt switched unless you got the amp in the trunk then i got to go to auto zone and dig up a diagram on the radio.lol'z just do not tap the memory wire it is hot at all times you need one that is hot in run and accessory for the ignition switch position like acc wire listed below.

FORD
MEM
Green/Yellow
ACC
Yellow/Black
GND
Black
RF
White/Green
+
RF
Black/White
-
LF
Orange/Green
+
LF
Black/White
-
RR
Pink/Blue
+
RR
Green/Orange
-
LR
Pink Green
+
LR
Pink/Blue
-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey bra, so i have the amp in the trunk, there are no markings on it... I just dont want to F* anything up. so i can get a "remote" wire off the amp in trunk?!
if so i also want to run a high input for the RCA's.. ( so i can keep factory radio/CD player) but on both back speakers there are four wire for + & -.... just dont want to screw it all up... i have 2 15inch comp. rockford punches with a 2chnX1000w...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I can help you if you need. I am in Irvine.

To be honest I would go with an aftermarket stereo. It will give a MUCH better sound over stock.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey bra, so i have the amp in the trunk, there are no markings on it... I just dont want to F* anything up. so i can get a "remote" wire off the amp in trunk?!
if so i also want to run a high input for the RCA's.. ( so i can keep factory radio/CD player) but on both back speakers there are four wire for + & -.... just dont want to screw it all up... i have 2 15inch comp. rockford punches with a 2chnX1000w...

iin the trunk there should be a lite green wire with black stripe this is how it is writen in my book. could be a black wire green stripe which should be the remote turn on in the trunk. in the book it is writen as a ltgrn/blk wire i amy have them reversed just do not hook it to the red/yellow wire that is the main power for amp it's self. and is hot at all time key on or off

up front it is the blk/pnk wire so it depend on were you need it taped in to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts