Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Changed camshaft synchronizer, it took me 4 hrs, it was too difficult to take harness away from path. Meanwhile, I marked old synchronizer, when I put new one in, I met a little difficulty. After changing camshaft sychronizer, I could not start my car. I could hear starter triggered sound, but no any sound from engine . I don't think my start has problem. It has been changed two week ago. I could not figure out, and feel really bad. I think I definitely make bad decision to fix my car. Hope some one can help me!

I bought Motorcraft Camshaft synchronizer and sensor from ROCKAUTO.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Changed camshaft synchronizer, it took me 4 hrs, it was too difficult to take harness away from path. Meanwhile, I marked old synchronizer, when I put new one in, I met a little difficulty. After changing camshaft sychronizer, I could not start my car. I could hear starter triggered sound, but no any sound from engine . I don't think my start has problem. It has been changed two week ago. I could not figure out, and feel really bad. I think I definitely make bad decision to fix my car. Hope some one can help me!

I bought Motorcraft Camshaft synchronizer and sensor from ROCKAUTO.
So, is the engine cranking at all? If it isn't, what is the noise like? Does it sound like a starter free wheeling? Does it sound like an engine with zero compression? Do you know if the serpentine system rotates as you try to start the car?

Is it possible that you didn't align the syncro correctly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you JW657 for your kind response. I am so lucky that I have so many forum friends to help me out.
I took about half hours break to check my problem online. I could not figure out. After break, I thought I should have a shot. I went to garage. Unbelievable, it started and run perfectly, I drove for couple minutes around my apartment without drive licence which I left it upstair, so cool.
Is it possible caused by remote starter or anti theft? I don't know. Anyway, everything turned out a good result. I think I really deserve a good sleep now.

Thank you for all the members in this forum whom make me feel I have a lot of good friends, tutors and mechanics.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Thank you JW657 for your kind response. I am so lucky that I have so many forum friends to help me out.
I took about half hours break to check my problem online. I could not figure out. After break, I thought I should have a shot. I went to garage. Unbelievable, it started and run perfectly, I drove for couple minutes around my apartment without drive licence which I left it upstair, so cool.
Is it possible caused by remote starter or anti theft? I don't know. Anyway, everything turned out a good result. I think I really deserve a good sleep now.

Thank you for all the members in this forum whom make me feel I have a lot of good friends, tutors and mechanics.
Glad to hear your car is running again. It's possible that your starter may be dying again, it sounds like it to me from your first post. It would make sense, since the car started later. If you bang on it next time it happens (if at all) that might get it going again but I tend to think that's the issue. I've had more starters only last a month or two than ones that have lasted longer, that ain't no lie. Was it a cheap starter?

Happy holidays!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts