Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

It has been some time since I was here.

I am having a Ford dealer replace a belt that decided to rip itself to shreds today. I was told the tension pulley broke, and caused the battle my car was in today.

The mechanic at Ford is replacing the idler and tension pulley plus the belt... I am having them also replace the water pump... the car is at 79000 miles. Was that a good or premature decision?

Also, my radiator has a pinhole leak, I can see steam coming from the front of the hood when its cold outside, is there a specific spot this normally occurs on my car?

The car is a 1999 ford Taurus SE, 3.0 standard single overhead cam, limited edition...

I am here to ask, is there anything else I should have completed while doing all this?

I have replaced the transmission, the heater core, fuel filter, and cam sensor, all with ford parts....

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Hello Everyone,

It has been some time since I was here.

I am having a Ford dealer replace a belt that decided to rip itself to shreds today. I was told the tension pulley broke, and caused the battle my car was in today.

The mechanic at Ford is replacing the idler and tension pulley plus the belt... I am having them also replace the water pump... the car is at 79000 miles. Was that a good or premature decision?

Also, my radiator has a pinhole leak, I can see steam coming from the front of the hood when its cold outside, is there a specific spot this normally occurs on my car?

The car is a 1999 ford Taurus SE, 3.0 standard single overhead cam, limited edition...

I am here to ask, is there anything else I should have completed while doing all this?

I have replaced the transmission, the heater core, fuel filter, and cam sensor, all with ford parts....
Vulcans do have pump failures, good time to replace for prevention. Should have new coolant as iron engines do have coolant breakdown.

Remember is not overhead cam.

Little early for a trans failure.

PCV valve is important in all engines, often missed on routine maint.

Now let's see if this old coot remembers:
Paul Miller Ford.

And Tates Creek Jr. High. I taught there in 1964.
I probably could not even find Tates Creek Road now. :p

-chart-

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This old coot does remember Paul miller ford! one of my beloved family members Terry Houp worked there as a Mazda mechanic for years and years...!

The transmission was slipping in first gear... would seldom take off at a light and it would just rev up... the prior owner let a dummy borrow it that like to power break.. dumb kids ya know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts