Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 2002 sable gs, what would u suggest if i wanted to add a sub and amp, and retain the factoryhead units i know there are adaptors but i wasnt sur if any one had good luck with them any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I acctually spliced my rear speakers to send to the left and right of the amp. From there I added a sub with no problem. You may also need a bass filter to reduce distortion.

It really all depends on what kind of power you want to pull.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To Roach: since you have completed that task , i was wondering if you had a mach audio system..and if so, did you tap to the amp or the speakers..i bought an adapter for the output, but do not know what color wires to use because from the radio to the stock amp, they change.reply back, thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nope I have the standard Taurus radio system. I didn't bother with the unit in the back or the stock head-unit, instead all you really need to do is remove the back shelf cover, or like I did go through the bottom in the trunk, and splice the rear speaker wires. It's already in the idea place for a trunk sub or backseat one. If you're running two, you already have left and right.

From there I sent it to the amp, and from the amp to the subs. I don't have the system anymore, just a lonely amp in the back so I cant take any pictures sorry.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
check out zedaudiocorp.com he is my fav audio guy of all time. check out the minotaur that will be my next add to my taurus

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Like Roach did, tapping into the rears is the easiest way. You'll wire up the ground and power wires for the amp like you would with any system. Instead of using RCAs as the audio input, you run speaker wire to inputs from the rears. You will get good bass, not as much power as you would with a direct HU connection, but it will work fine.

For a cleaner (non-ghetto) install, use a Line Out Converter. Run the tapped wires from the rear speakers to this box, plug a short RCA into this and the amp. You can get them cheaper, but I wouldn't. This is a good brand and example. Avoid Scosche crap.

Amazon.com: Stinger SGN11 Fixed Line Output Converter: Electronics

You could also look into a powered sub like a Bazooka.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts