Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people i got a quick question. I got a 95 GL and i wanted to take an Instrument Clustler from a same year SHO and put it in so i have a tach and can use reverse glo gages. does anybody know if this works? thanks

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Shogl?

Yeah, it'll work. Countless people have done it before...but, you don't have a tach originally? I still think it'll work, but you may have to play with some wires...

*waits for smarter people to comment.*

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by biteableniles@Feb 19 2004, 08:20 PM
Shogl?

Yeah, it'll work. Countless people have done it before...but, you don't have a tach originally? I still think it'll work, but you may have to play with some wires...

*waits for smarter people to comment.*

Its plug and play as long as you use the correct year. If you are going from same year sho to your gl, its not a problem. You could go with a previous year, but I do not know which year is teh cut off.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
All 1990-1995 Taurus, SHO's, and Sable's instrument clusters are interchangable with each other. It is plug and play. No messing with wires, no cutting, no drilling, no nothing. Just take the dash apart and it's a straight swap. Even if you didn't have a tach before, put a tach in from a Sable or SHO and it'll work. Want an explanation why it works or is that good enough info?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Achually one more, what about the odomiter? is there anything i can't do with it to have it read the current miles of my other one?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yeah, you can, and it's pretty simple, but you need to take off the needle to do it, so you have to put the needle back in the exact place it was pointing when you take it off.

Here's the link to do it: http://www.taurusclub.com/modules.php?name...=article&sid=51

I matched my mileage on my new cop speedo. It's the same even with the trip odometer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts