Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Taurus SE and want to add remote start to it and am not sure if I can easily. I at least need to add remote locks; even my dad's Saturn has remote locks!

Does anyone have experience or know which kit would be best to use on this car? I sell BMW parts and don't have much knowledge of these cars yet; I've only had it since Saturday.

Thanks a bunch!
Tina

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've got a 98 Taurus Se and it didn't have Remote Locks either, so I had a friend install a Viper Remote Start Alarm with Keyless Entry and Trunk Release, and it works great i highly recoomend these. Has really nice features such as Valet Take-over so if your just running into the store etc... you hit the remote start buttons and the starter takes over so you can remove the key and take it with you, and Auto Start where on those really Cold or extremely Hot days you can have it Auto Start every 3 hours, up to 6 times a day.... I love this feature when It snowing everyone else at work is out side scraping the ice off their windows while mine are all melted... and for those hot summer days witht eh A/c on... well you get the picture... It was the best money i ever spent.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just installed a R/S alarm combo on my 2000 SEL. It was an Autopage 8500LCD. If you don't have power locks already you will need to buy actuators. Or just go to a junk yard and pick some up off a wrecked Taurus. Any questions please feel free to ask me!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you planning on buying an alarm with remote start and you DONT have power door locks, you could save money by buying universal door lock actuators found on ebay.. I've heard new door lock actuators from Ford costs a lot. Also the idea about going to the junk yard isnt a bad one if they sell them for a decent price.. Good luck...

·
Registered
901 Posts
I would use a bull dog. I put one in my 93 last january but I couldn't help you much because I don't know much about newer tauriis. I would recomend a bulldog unit with a remote start and power locks. My unit only cost $50 at sams club.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts