Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 99 Taurus LX. I bought the car used about 8 months ago. So far it has been a really good and reliable car. My only complaint is that the car has manual door locks on all 4 doors. Is it possible to get some kind of power locks/keyless entry installed on this car? A buddy of mine said that some actuators would have to be installed in each of the doors. Does anyone know how much something like this would cost? I don't really have access to any good junk yards so I can't find a wrecked Taurus and take all the power door locks out of them. Thanks for any advice. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
My guess would be that the wiring is all there, you just need the switch, actuators, and a keyless system. I haven't seen the door lock setup on a car without power locks, so I don't know if you only need the actuator. It may require more.

Go to Ford parts network, they should have all of the parts you would need. My car didn't come with keyless, but it had power locks. I bought a Ford system 5 alarm system and use it for my keyless.

J

·
0 Posts
I thought all Gen III and up Taurii had power locks and windows standard... :huh: If you do somehow have power locks, it shouldn't cost much to get an aftermarket alarm system that will get you keyless entry. :)

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
From 1996-until 2002 power locks weren't standard. It was an option on low models. I think power windows were ALWAYS standard in the gen 3 and 4, though. My gen 2 Taurus had power windows but not locks...! It drove me nuts. I would have rather had power locks than power windows. <_<

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
^^^ We are SOOOOOOO happy for you!

Just playing. :p :p :D

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I find it funny how you can get P/W and P/M standard as P/L were optional. I'd agree that I'd rather have P/L than P/W.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Yeah, Ford did some weird things sometimes. My Tempo had power locks but not power windows. hehe.. Remember when those items were luxary options?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
the wiring is not there. yyou can not just plug in stock parts. you would need to much stuff liek door pnannels and stuff. Just get aftermarket actuators and a keyless entry system. Should be able to do it all for under 400$$$

actuators are about $75 per door installed at any reputable shop. A keyless entry system should be about $150 installed.

Brad

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies guys. Yeah, it is odd that I have power windows and power mirrors, but NO power door locks. I'll look into getting the actuators installed and the keyless entry system. Thanks again for everyone's help.

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts