Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a set of fog lamps..to add to my '97GL. I was wondering what switch I would need to make it look OEM, I talked with coneynew, he was saying a switch from an'02 F-150 w/fog lamps will work, is it the same shape as my current switch?
I was checking rockauto, will the '02 sable one work, I could only find sable ones with the autolamps w/fogs, I do not have autolamps, I just want the installation to look OEM. Any help would be appreciated in either advice, someone that has done this, or someone who has a switch.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
If you can find a Gen3 SHO with fogs they have a nice switch. I may have one laying around, but its going to take some time to find since I just moved this weekend and havent un-packed everything. That switch is a perfect addition, almost looks like a rear defogger switch.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Sorry but there's no such thing as gen3 sho with factory fogs, but theres a gen2 sho with fogs and nice factory switch like the one you said. (like a defrost one) B)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I am getting a set of fog lamps..to add to my '97GL. I was wondering what switch I would need to make it look OEM, I talked with coneynew, he was saying a switch from an'02 F-150 w/fog lamps will work, is it the same shape as my current switch?
I was checking rockauto, will the '02 sable one work, I could only find sable ones with the autolamps w/fogs, I do not have autolamps, I just want the installation to look OEM. Any help would be appreciated in either advice, someone that has done this, or someone who has a switch.
Hi Don:

To clarify, I said a '97 F-150 Switch w/ fogs will work. Silvapain did a nice writeup and we have some pics also. Silvapain also used a Gen II SHO Fog Lamp switch. I'll see if I can find the links. Hope you had a nice Easter.

PS. I shipped out you pass seat trim & new fogs Sat.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tom that's a great write up... I think I will do the swap housings,when I find the F-150 plug. Confused about the wiring...the wire coming out of the grey f-150 plug..does that go into the black or grey plug on the Taurus harness? , I will grab some of the wire with the plugs also. Got the package thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a switch W/O autolamps..will this one work as well?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a switch..just having trouble getting the plugs to do the final light installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts