Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I've just got my 1995 2nd gen, and am very proud of it.:D

I want to keep it, and I'm in a bad neighborhood. I always like putting in a cut-out switch hidden somewhere under the dash. I sometimes put it in the low tension side of the ignition, but I prefer to do it on the fuel pump.

Can anyone recommend a way to do it? Where would I tap into the furl pump power?

I know there's a cut-out switch in the trunk, but I'd hate to run wires all the way from the trunk to the dash......

Thanks!
Bruce

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
The PCM has a output that grounds the fuel pump relay to energize the pump. Put your switch in that output circuit. I think there are PCM pinouts / wiring colors, etc somewhere around here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, that should do it!! I'll have a look at the Haynes and a wiring diagram.

Thanks Jeff.

I assume that the PCM is the modern equivalent to the low tension circuit to a distributor?:)

Bruce

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I would suggest getting a alarm that has shock sensors. I wouldn't worry about your Taurus getting stolen, just whatever is inside it. Fords are not very easy to steal without keys, as the ignition locks are held in place with metal retainers. If you had a Honda or Toyota, then you should worry about it getting stolen, as the parts are worth much more than the car as a whole.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, thanks everyone!! I feel very dumb not knowing what a PCM is, but I'm used to running older cars.....at least, that's my excuse!!

Oh, and my other caris a 1990 Honda Accord, and you're right austex04, It's actually pretty steal-able! I'm planning on a switch for that one too.

Thanks
Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts