Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thumbing through the user manual for my 2007 Taurus, i came across a page detailing the directions for programming a keyless remote for the car. I've also found out that you can buy replacement remotes on the cheap (well, cheaper than the dealership's price) for my particular model here. I bought the car used last year, and it came with 1 key (the kind with the security chip in it) but not with a remote, and i didn't think to ask about it after i had paid the $155 labor charge to get 2 more keys made. So, how do i know my car has the "equipment" for keyless entry? I read somewhere about a "Remote anti-theft Personality Module" that needs to be present for keyless entry, but that was on a post about a '99 taurus.m I also noticedn when i close the driver's door (and the engine is off/keys removed) the headlights flash once and a THEFT light blinks on the instrument cluster. Would this indicate i can use a remote with the car?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...AFP56U55A256736 Replace the VIN in the link with the VIN for your 2007. It'll say on that window sticker if your vehicle has the remote keyless entry delete. If it does...go aftermarket. If it has it, pick up some remotes on eBay...they can be had for around $10 shipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the thing where you turn the ignition switch between off and on 8 or so times. The door loks cycled then, so i guess i have keyless entry! Ordering a remote on ebay right now. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
We are glad to help. Please check the Topic Finder, not that we don't enjoy discussions here. But it will save you time as well. Lots of great HOWTO's in there. But Please do post your Questions if you have any.

Welcome to the club :welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts