Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been quite bored now that my son is in school. and i actually can do stuff to my car without the boy bothering the heck out of me. so i added some new things to my car. i put my pedals on, put one of my green neons in my front grill and bought 2 36" underbody LED light kits. (green). didn't install them yet. i was wondering if anyone has put an underbody kit on a 04? i looked under the car and there is really no place to hang them without them getting destroyed. so i might take them back. i also got a 15" green LED light bar to put in my back window. it also has strobe lights on it. its pretty kewl. here are some pics. they turned out really bad though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I would imagine zip ties to the sub frame would suffice for the under body... gotta be some existing straps in there that you could strap around.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by acreature@Sep 16 2004, 01:10 AM
I would imagine zip ties to the sub frame would suffice for the under body... gotta be some existing straps in there that you could strap around.
yeah i was thinking that. but there is just no where for the tube to kinda "hide" from road debris. anything that shoots out from my tires is gonna end up hitting the tubes. i just don't want them to break. and since there really is no where to hide the tube from all that stuff.. i don't know if i should even keep them. they are kewl though. they strobe too. hmm.....

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Sara, just an idea. Lowes and Homedepot both sell covers for flourescent light tubes, you know like shop lights. And they come in different lenghts. They come in clear white and like a cream color usually, from the ones I've seen. They seem to be quite durable and would probably with stand road debris, and probably a good direct jolt to the tube it self.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Lookin awesome sarah!! I really dig that neon stuff thats recessed and looks classy. Keep up the great work. B)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Lookin awesome :D

That neon in the grill looks MEEEEEEEEEAN! B)

ps, where's that second decal located exactly? rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Si!! Si!! Eet look so super charp!!!!

G

·
Originally posted by spridget@Sep 16 2004, 01:05 AM
and so it begins :ph34r:

Bob.... i wanna sticker!!!
I'll see what I have Luke. I know I'm out of the ones like Sarah put on her valve cover, but I may have some of the window ones left.

I didn't know they'd be such a hit, or I would have gotten more the first time around! Hafta check into that.....

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I know you're a long way from here but maybe you could check this guy out, he's the one I had make the windshield banners for the TCCA South. He only uses 2mil/8yr. vinyl and has basically an automotive repitroir. http://www.thevinylsolution.com
He did 4 banners yesterday for me in about 20 minutes. while I watched.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts