Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Taurus GL - 3.0 Vulcan. I got bored and I found these Projector fogs through a buddy of mine. how do they look?

I have a before and After picture attached. I also added in a Daytime picture just to show how they look on a cloudy day. Tell me what ya think. I still have to do some wire hiding. But other than that I think it turned out really well.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks good. I envy non-SHO Gen 3 front bumpers. I have no room for anything desent. I did get some LED strips to 3M them to the upper part of the bumper, but just for looks. I doubt they will do anything other than that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just a simple small rocker switch from radio shack. i drilled a small hole in the panel right under the steering wheel. I can add more pictures if youd like. Then I ran a simple ground wire to the frame. Then I ran a constant wire from my fuse panel just to make things easy. And last but not least I took the positive wire from the fogs, spliced them together and ran that one single wire through my firewall. Then I soldered terminals on the end of all the wires and connected them to the switch. And voila! The only difficult part was laying down and drilling a hole through the frame to mount the brackets. but once I got the brackets mounted the rest was gravy.

IMO I think they run together really nice with my HID's at night.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Looks like they'll work fine.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the blueish bulbs and I'd try to match the light color of the headlights and foglights. I'd swap out the headlights for some whiter-shining bulbs, then I'll love the setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the responses. One of the most tedious parts was removing the plastic skid plate from directly under the lower air dam where the Fogs are mounted. I counted 15 + Screws. I think it was all worth it in the end. Now im Doing some interior LED work. Nothing ricer-ish. I just put in a White LED PCB board in the dome light. And I have White LED wedge based bulbs for the courtesy lamps in the front floor boards. Next im gonna put an LED Wedge bulb (white of course) in the trunk. And I found some replacement White License plate bulbs that would flow together. Then after that I think im Just going to tint the windows and call it done for the aesthetic point of things. The white leds actually turn out to give it a nice clean simplistic look. You still have enough light to find what your looking for but at the same time your not lit up like the fourth of july and my car doesnt look like a 15 year old kid got ahold of it. lol. Ill be adding pictures soon of the work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts