Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nick got me a passenger side mirror from a Centennial so that I could see about adding a puddle lamp. I was bored Sunday so I tore apart my door panel and took out the old gen3 heated mirror on the passenger side. The Centennial mirror, as expected, plugged right in ... power and heat both worked fine.

There were 2 wires for the puddle lamp and, unfortunately, they were both black so I didn't know which one was which. Having already had the floor lights put in (thanks to Jim) I just tapped into the passenger side one for the power and ground. I ran the wires up the side of the dash, tucked neatly into the black rubber between the dash and body and over into the door panel. I then spliced these wires into the 2 extra ones for the puddle light and it worked perfectly!

I put everything back together and now have one, count 'em, ONE, puddle lamp. I ordered a driver's side mirror that should be here by the weekend so I'll have a full set. Its pretty easy to do and the hardest part is hiding the wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Nick got me a passenger side mirror from a Centennial so that I could see about adding a puddle lamp. I was bored Sunday so I tore apart my door panel and took out the old gen3 heated mirror on the passenger side. The Centennial mirror, as expected, plugged right in ... power and heat both worked fine.

There were 2 wires for the puddle lamp and, unfortunately, they were both black so I didn't know which one was which. Having already had the floor lights put in (thanks to Jim) I just tapped into the passenger side one for the power and ground. I ran the wires up the side of the dash, tucked neatly into the black rubber between the dash and body and over into the door panel. I then spliced these wires into the 2 extra ones for the puddle light and it worked perfectly!

I put everything back together and now have one, count 'em, ONE, puddle lamp. I ordered a driver's side mirror that should be here by the weekend so I'll have a full set. Its pretty easy to do and the hardest part is hiding the wire.
[/b]
Did you just fish it through one of the rubber gaskets that the other wires go through?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
:woot: Looks good Dave B) Definitely looking forward to doing this mod.

·
Banned
375 Posts
its a pudd...idle... o_0 .... Till you get the other one

*ahem*

i thought i would use this again

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The passenger door uses a hollow rubber tube to cover the wires, so it's easy to run new wires. The driver's door, however, uses a large weatherpack connector, and it is much more involved running new wires. You will need a male and female pin that fits in the connector for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts