Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 2004 bull worked on I got it about a year ago as a surprise gift from my parents I love my bull. But ever since I've gotten it does this. When I'm accelerating it shifts extremely hard. I can sense when it's about to do it. It did it to my dad and he didn't know what it was. So we took it to a friend of mine and his. He replaced the spark plugs but I already knew I had to replace them. He said there was a manifold that wasn't sealing and he fixed it he said he had drove it around and it didn't do anything. And for the first couple of days it didn't but then it started again. Also does anyone know where I can get a trunk.
15876035314261094849885768242745.jpg

The trunk was my fault I wasn't paying attention it happened awhile ago

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try changing the ATF & filter. Look up and add with the fresh ATF the appropriate Lubegard additive.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
When driving with the hard shifts, is the speedometer working? Hard shifts or late shift from 1 to 2 can be the VSS that sits on the side of the transaxle passenger side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hollanderparts.com If you take your time and search right and are lucky you might even score a same color trunk.
Had a whte continental the did battle with a deer. The stupid thing ran right into the car at the back of the front drivers fender. needed a fender and a door. got both withing 80 miles of my home in the same color white.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not see if there's a resolution to the problem here. Question - when accelerating - does that mean hard? Which gears does it shift and is it down one gear or multiple gears at once? Usually trannies nowadays are shifted by the computer but unless you have a failed transmission other things can set them off. With the Dakota, the transmission to throttle linkage needs adjustment at times, too much rearward and it thinks it needs to shift down at the slightest twitch, too far forward and it won't shift soon enough and overheats the transmission. On the Grand Marquis, the kick down cable has a nylon connector that stretches and if it's not caught in time kills your 2-3 or 3-4 shift, ours took to shifting from OD to 2 and within a day would not shift past 2nd. The Blazer had two seperate issues affect shifting in the years I had it; a large vacuum hose leak which made the truck think it was working harder than it was ( quick found and fixed) and a bad battery ( which would test good at auto zone, but the alternator shop found bad), it had missed shifts, wrong shifts, soft or hard shifts - replaced the battery and all was well.

It would help a lot if we understood what kind of acceleration and gears involved!

Deer hit: worst one was around 2000. I was coming home on US 30 from the Santa train out by Boone after dark with the kids asleep in the back of the '94 Caprice. Climbing one of the hills just east of Tama I saw a huge stag opposite side of the road, slowed way down assuming he'd cross ahead of me. Instead he lowered his antlers and charged! He hit at the front wheel, left a rack imprint in the hood, and caved in the entire side of the car all the way to the trunk - then ran off...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts