Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Not going to lie. Been a gm guy my whole life. Someone was selling this car for $800. The lady is elderly, and I helped out with a few household chores and she flat out gave me the keys and said it's yours. Which was cool because our 2000 sonata although holding up well, has 198k on it anyway, the car is in rough shape. It runs perfect. Drives perfect. But looks awful. Interior is good shape, is just dirty. Smells like fish lol. Anyway, the spoiler is missing, the sunroof doesn't close all the way and isn't seating right when it does close, because the spoiler was taken off. It leaked and got somewhat nasty in the trunk, whatelse, paint is SHOT, body is straight though. Stupid little odds and ends. I decided I'm going to do a mini resto. Already ordered the spoiler, and I'm going to sand down the trunk and ive got bedliner on the way for the inside of it. I've also had the paint mixed up and I'm going to prep and spray the car at work. Same color, merlot metallic. Got a gallon of it. Single stage paint for $85. Already have all the equipment. I work in a boat yard and we spray gelcoat all the time so. Gonna clean the ever loving **** out of the interior, fix the odds and ends. Something about this car is really really appealing. It's going to make an excellent driver... I've got alot of experience with cars so, it should go smooth, not much to make it a presentable dd. It's got the Vulcan 3.0. gotta take the sunroof apart and see what's up there, but in a few months, she'll look like a different car. The pics are the front and back of the sunroof. You can see the gaps. I can hear the piece of track broken in there so, have to find new rails I think. Cars only got 100k on it. I don't mind putting a few bucks into it to make it a nice driver....anyway, name's jeff. I'll be here alot.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome. Dang, for a 100K mile car it’s seen better days, The most of it sounds like it originated with the sunroof. I didn’t check, but the paint looks like you live in a hot area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts