Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, after 30 cm of snow, roads were hell! Of course they take their time to clean the snow, so we're probably stuck like this till' next week. Anyways, I'm driving to my house, when i find this truck blocking the way... So, the truck driver directed us to the oposite lane (seperated by a median), to drive through. So after doing that, I decide to brake to gently turn to the right lane, after the median ends, to safely get into my garage.

And there it is, a 99' Chevy Cavashit, sitting there as if it's waiting to be hit. It was a man in his 70's who just did his stop and was ready to go and turn into my lane (the right lane for him, the wrong lane for me) so as im turning, the ABS pumps up, and my car skids to hit the guy.

Cavalier Damage Tally:
Airbags Deployed = 600$
Bumper Cracked = 100$
Windshield Cracked (Due To The Airbag) = 400$
Hood Out Of Place, Probably needs adjustment....
Total = 1100
Taurus Damage Tally:
Being Able to wipe off the white SCRATCH created by the cavashit... = Priceless....

Now, my insurance is probably going to go up next year by a lot, being 20 years old....

Oh well, I am happy that we are all safe and no one is hurt...
Oh and btw... TAURUS FTMFW!!!! :banana: :chili:

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Just think about how much your insurance would have gone up had you hit the old man with a 2-door sports car :noes: or if your car had been wrecked in the process... wait, you can't wreck a bull ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just think about how much your insurance would have gone up had you hit the old man with a 2-door sports car :noes: or if your car had been wrecked in the process... wait, you can't wreck a bull ;)
[/b]
oh wow, i cant even imagine!.... and yes, i was shocked with the bull... not a scratch.. weird, might see em later though

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
nope it a taurus lol

it a damn stubborn bull

·
Registered
276 Posts
Cavashit :bowrofl:

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Totally believable.

I have got to be in the top 5 all time survived "crashed in my Taurus" here, sooo bad the newspapers all said "Some kind of Ford" on their copy because the car was unrecognizable, and yeah - you gotta hit them REALLY hard to stop one.

Cavalier? Puh - LEEEZEE. You actually got PAINT to stick. I'm surprised they still recognized the Cavy if you hit it THAT hard.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Stubborn and Great in Accidents... I'll vouch for that one

·
Registered
276 Posts
My ex-girfriend got a 03 Mazda Protoge to replace her old 96 Taurus GL. I notice a big diference in closing the drivers side door between the two cars. The door on the Mazda feels like a light piece of tin compared to the heavy door of the gen 3 bull.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
yup even the side pillars lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Totally believable.

I have got to be in the top 5 all time survived "crashed in my Taurus" here, sooo bad the newspapers all said "Some kind of Ford" on their copy because the car was unrecognizable, and yeah - you gotta hit them REALLY hard to stop one.

Cavalier? Puh - LEEEZEE. You actually got PAINT to stick. I'm surprised they still recognized the Cavy if you hit it THAT hard.
[/b]
I'm shocked because i hit him going 25... I can't even imagine what would've happend if it was more....

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Totally believable.

[/b]
I think you're right on that one.

[/b]
Cavaliers have to be one of a few cars that have worse paint problems than tauruses

1 - 11 of 11 Posts