Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I meant to get this post up yesterday, because I was much more pissed yesterday, but the job was insane, so no time...

So, Monday night, I'm driving home from work, and I'm about to make a turn onto Ludlow Street from 34th Street, in Philadelphia. I was going southbound on 34th, and turning eastbound onto Ludlow. Well, I saw a Cadillac sitting at the stop sign, and slowed down to make sure that he wouldn't dart out into traffic. Well, he did, but thats not the problem, because he didn't hit me...

As I was turning, an idiot in a late 80s Honda Accord, who had a stop sign, and was stopped at the sign, just starts right on coming at me. He then hit me square on the rear driver's side door. I think, "Oh, well, he must have not seen me coming...time to call the police and the insurance company." I get out of the car, and he starts screaming at me, telling me that it was my fault and that I would have to pay for his clear side-marker that was cracked. I told him to take one look at my door panel, which is smashed in, and think about what he did, and realize that it was his fault, and that he would be paying me. He then got up in my face and wanted to fight me. This guy had Napoleon syndrome though. I'm 6'2" and about 235 lbs, pretty big guy. This dude was about 5'9" and all of 150 lbs if that. While he's in my face, I realize that I smell alcohol. I say to him, "Are you f***ing drunk? Sit down on the curb, I'm calling the police!" As I turn back towards my car, I see that he has an infant strapped into a car seat in the rear seat. Also, just as I hit the send button for 911, he starts to drive away. I did get his license plate number though.

Well, this isn't where it ended. I was sitting, facing eatbound on Ludlow, and could plainly wse 34th street in my rearview mirror. He drove down 34th street three times within the next 20 minutes.

Now, do you think the Philadelphia Police Dept. would have come when I called??? Of course not. I called initially at 5:30, then again at 6:32, 7:30, and lastly at 8:40. A police officer finally got there at 8:55.

I've since spoken to my insurance company, and they have already filed the paperwork to have him arrested for hit and run/leaving the scene. I have to take the Sable to the body place next saturday, at which time they will give me my rental car (which will probably be a Taurus
), and I'll be on my way. Provided they get this guy and he has insurance, I'll get my $500 deductible back, and won't have a rate increase. However, if the insurance company doesn't get their money back, I'll be out $500, plus a $1500/year surcharge. If he doesn't have insurance, I might just end up paying out of pocket to avoid the surcharge, but then I have to take him to court myself, which I know I can win. Unfortunately, with the way small claims courts are set up, they have little to no ability to make someone that was made to pay, pay up...

Anyways...I hate Philadelphia, the people, the police, the streets, Mayor John Street...it just sucks...I'll post pictures when I get home tonight...

JR

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I can't believe it took over 3 hours for the polcie to show up!!
That's terrible, there is no excuse for that - I would file a complaint about that.

As for the guy with the Infant in the car - WTF!? He was driving drunk witha baby and they didn't chase him down!
Drunk driving while endangering a child - that's just awesome.
That really make me mad!

I hope they catch this loser, impound his car, put his child with child services and find a good adoption family for it and never let him drive again and I hope he gets jail time for it. Then they should sell everything he has to get you your money back and then give the rest of his $$ to the adoption family to take care of the baby.

Well, anyways, that's the end of my rant. Sounds like things will work out for you one way or another.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Wow! When I got in a wreck, it took the ambulances/police officers less then a minute! Maybe not even that!! It was FAST!! I was impressed.. But this was a big accident involving 3 cars..

If that happened to me, I would be PISSED! I would have tried to stop him from going anywhere.. Somehow, someway..

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...

Well, I didn't even get a chance to run after him, since he was already halfway down the street by the time I realized he was gone. I wasn't going to chase him, because I had no idea what he would do if I did that. But yes, the police in Philadelphia are terrible. They lose police reports, they take forever, and they refuse to take action against criminals. Once I get this straightened out, I'm going to file a complaint with the University City District, as well as the city Police Commisioner. For those of you who live in or near Philly, you'll know that the Police Commissioner was appointed by Mayor John Street, and therefore is every bit as useless as he is...

JR

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Apr 14 2004, 09:26 AM
For those of you who live in or near Philly, you'll know that the Police Commissioner was appointed by Mayor John Street, and therefore is every bit as useless as he is...

JR
lmao, theres no exaggeration there. F John Street. The closer to Center City you go, the police get more incompetent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Holy crap we must be talking about philly here with all this F this and F that!! lol Like everyone says cops are horrible. Unless you say he has a gun, then they'd show up in a minute. What his car look like? I'm in center city alot and tend to be throwing things at cabbies for cuttin me off and making u-turns in front of me...I think I can make an exception. lol As for john street....all I can say is.... This city would get a helluva lot more income with a drag track rather than 2 stadiums for loser teams. But now more people will be sacrificed.....sad, isnt it?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I'm proud to say that I'm a New Jersey resident, I neither got to vote in the last election, although if you've seen any of my political posts, you would know that I woudl have voted for Katz, and I also am exempt from the Philadelphia wage tax...

Anyway, the car was a gray late 80s Honda Accord. License plate number FRK-2737, so if any of you Philly people see this car (the guy driving was a hood rat, scruffy looking drunk white boy), pull the guy out GTA III style, beat his a**, and call the cops.

Where do you guys live in Philly and are you in college, work???

I'm at Drexel University...

JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts