Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the factory cigarette lighter w/element and the accessory power point below it. I bought a spare piece of interior trim that included both the cigarette lighter w/element and an accessory power point w/the wiring and all. If I pop out the cigarette lighter w/element and pop in the accessory power point, and plug it in...will that cause any problems? The wiring colors are not the same but they have the same pin locations on both connectors.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jun 24 2009, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734944
My car has the factory cigarette lighter w/element and the accessory power point below it. I bought a spare piece of interior trim that included both the cigarette lighter w/element and an accessory power point w/the wiring and all. If I pop out the cigarette lighter w/element and pop in the accessory power point, and plug it in...will that cause any problems? The wiring colors are not the same but they have the same pin locations on both connectors.[/b]
So you want to replace the CII lighter w. A power point?
Sound be fine

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Wrong! They are both constant hots. They just run from different circuits.
I need to get better at the BB storm keyboard.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Both very good points. I don't smoke any more. Ironically, a week be fore I quit I illuminated the socket :0 )

I Think I will keep mine the way it is.

And the pinout for both is the same. Bottom single pin should be ground. Looking @ matting end of connector. left is void. right is Power.

Both are Hot in all key pos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts