Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone has ran into this and can help me out. I have 2016 Ford Taurus with 73k miles. If I’m not going above let’s say 30MPH my ac is warm, and my will show the temp gauge about 3/4 or more of the way up to hot. I just replaced the thermostat, coolant temperature sensor, ambient air temperature sensor, ac condenser, and expansion valve only for it to still be doing it. Does anyone have any ideas? I’m not gonna lie I’m barely better than a novice when it comes to this stuff so I’ll try my best to understand and give responses. Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
8,038 Posts
Have you used a scan tool to see what temperature the ECT is reporting to the PCM?

Reactions: james27613

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it’s not actually overheating. I wonder if I have plug in my ac system somewhere?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t believe so, I didn’t see anything when I changed my ambient air temp sensor. Drove home today with no AC, but now it’s not reading outside temp at all and the temp gage is reading low.

·
Super Moderator
8,038 Posts
Poor ground issue?? Might want to check / clean major grounds with special attention to the PCM ground..... just grasping at straws here....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do you know how to use FORScan to check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)? It could be your HVAC module. I’d start with a low mileage salvage one and switch it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts