Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Ford Taurus with a 3.8l and Air Conditioning. I was told that My AC needs to be recharged, what do i use to recharge it, does my car still use the freon or does it have the R-134a ? thanks

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
94 should be 134-a

you can get a kit at walmart or any parts store but you might want to take it to a shop to have it vaccumed out to check for leaks.

BTW do not get leak sealer it sometimes will clog the oriface tube or the evaporator outlet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the low pressure service port?

The can i looked at today was really confusing, it had a built in gauge on it and everything it was a huge can for 20 bucks and says its reusable. My questions are where is the low presure service port that it says to add this to?

Also? it says that the can can explode in my hand or become a projectile. How do i lessin my chances of this happening?

How do i know for sure that my a/c only needs charging?

This sounds a little dangerous, or does the manufactuere just over rate the risk for liability reasons?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
in the yellow is where mine is located i put aa dot on top of the actual port.

BTW the connector that comes with the can will only fit on the low side service port.

only if you had a way to put it on the high side service port would it explode in your hand.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts