Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being that in michigan these past few weeks, its been quite hot and of course my ac decides to say 'F*** YOU, I QUIT", I had my dad look at it and he told me to recharge it.. my question, where and how do I do that with out taking Mittens to a dealership and getting face slapped with a huge bill

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
First check

being that in michigan these past few weeks, its been quite hot and of course my ac decides to say 'F*** YOU, I QUIT", I had my dad look at it and he told me to recharge it.. my question, where and how do I do that with out taking Mittens to a dealership and getting face slapped with a huge bill
Frist check to see it the clutch engages, that is does the compressor turn when AC is turned on. If nothing happens, then it may need gas, it may need electrical help.

If the compressor runs and the lines get cold/hot, but no cold in the car:
The blend door may be not working, many posts here about that.
The drain may be stopped up and it is full of water. I had that. I used a length of plastic tubing, took the right front wheel off, inner fender out, and pushed the plastic tube up and around the bend, and a bunch of water ran out. No more problems.

A shop would gas it first, then clean the drain. Makes more $$.

Just a quick check.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Frist check to see it the clutch engages, that is does the compressor turn when AC is turned on. If nothing happens, then it may need gas, it may need electrical help.

If the compressor runs and the lines get cold/hot, but no cold in the car:
The blend door may be not working, many posts here about that.
The drain may be stopped up and it is full of water. I had that. I used a length of plastic tubing, took the right front wheel off, inner fender out, and pushed the plastic tube up and around the bend, and a bunch of water ran out. No more problems.

A shop would gas it first, then clean the drain. Makes more $$.

Just a quick check.

-chart-
Please tell me more about this "drain" thing...do you have pics.. or a better description of how to locate it and the way you went about "draining". The blend door fix also.
I also have a '97 bull with the same problem...Compressor kicks on and off..cool but not cold air. I also hate to bring it to a shop to pay extra bucks for a simple fix!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts