Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have always owned fords to make a long story short we had our 08 taurus totaled in the tornado and so instead of going back in debt we found a 1997 we bought yesterday. We have already put over 150 miles in 2 days with all the driving but we have noticed that sometime the AC will stay running even after the key is out of ignition. and then sometimes it wont.....when it does I have to re crank and mess with it and finally it might go off. Does anyone know what this might be?? The Ac is great but this might be a problem. Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think you mean to say that the electric cooling fan stays running after you shut the engine off?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
AC cannot run, because AC compressor needs the engine power. Don't worry. But if you mean the radiator fan running after you turned off ignition, it may happen.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
If the engine cooling fan keeps running after the key is turned off, the fan relay is likely stuck shut. Next time it happens, give the relay(s) (your car has 2, a low speed and high speed) a wack with a screwdriver. If fan turns off, replace the relay or both relays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.