Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC fan stopped working completely today. The AC fan always makes some noise ever since I bought the car 4 years ago, particularly at low fan speed. Two days ago, the fan stopped working for about half an hour and started working again right before I arrived at my destination.

It appears to me that the fan needs to be replaced or maintained. Could somebody point me at where the fan is?

Thanks

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
My AC fan stopped working completely today. The AC fan always makes some noise ever since I bought the car 4 years ago, particularly at low fan speed. Two days ago, the fan stopped working for about half an hour and started working again right before I arrived at my destination.

It appears to me that the fan needs to be replaced or maintained. Could somebody point me at where the fan is?

Thanks
So, we're talking about the blower motor for the vents?

Replacing Gen 4 Heater & A/C Blower Motor - Taurus Car Club Maintenance and Modification Wiki

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that is what I am looking for. Wiki says it is fairly easy, but it has so many steps. Is there a tutorial with pictures?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Yes, that is what I am looking for. Wiki says it is fairly easy, but it has so many steps. Is there a tutorial with pictures?
Sorry, it appears that no one has posted a picture based howto. If you run into issues with the text instructions, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
With just a socket set, a couple screw drivers', good lighting and care when working with the glove box door it can be done in less then a half hour. I found it to be one of the easier items to replace on a Taurus and I'm a rather limited mechanic. You can do it!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the replies which make me feel more comfortable finishing the task. Can anyone please recommend where to buy the blower motor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts