Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I want to replace my ac compressor, accumulator and orifice tube on my 2000 Taurus DOHC
Does anyone have access to workshop manual so i can have detailed instructions on how to do this?
System is already empty due to leaks detected coming from compressor.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Search this site, a ton of info is in here.
I did my '00 compressor, with dryer and orfice tube replacement.
Be forewarned that a lot of stuff has to removed for access. It is not a novice job, fan, thermostat housing, colant tubes, etc. have to be moved/removed to get the compressor and accumulator out.
Once you've done it you'll understand why shops get a grand to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible to get list of tools and further instructions on how to remove the following to get to get the A/C compressor out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have an ohv engine 03, but here is a link showing how to remove the compressor from it's bracket. how different your engine is from that showing in this link, is what you will find out by looking under the hood.

I would be curious what the difference is. I had same engine you had on 98 but gave son car who is now away at college and can't go and contrast with my ohv.

scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an ohv engine 03, but here is a link showing how to remove the compressor from it's bracket. how different your engine is from that showing in this link, is what you will find out by looking under the hood.I would be curious what the difference is. I had same engine you had on 98 but gave son car who is now away at college and can't go and contrast with my ohv.

scott
Mine is the Duratec engine, different, less espace between the engine and the radiator fans and the front pasenger side

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hello
I want to replace my ac compressor, accumulator and orifice tube on my 2000 Taurus DOHC
Does anyone have access to workshop manual so i can have detailed instructions on how to do this?
System is already empty due to leaks detected coming from compressor.

Thanks
PM me with your email address and I'll send you PDFs of the sections you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trying to revive this old post to see if I can get an A/C Repair manual as I am trying to replace my AC Compressor. I know that my compressor is good but the clutch on it seems to have gone bad. I can see the pulley playing (wobbling). As you may know the DOHC engine compartment is too cramped and hence I was unable to remove the clutch alone as my tiny 8 mm wrench could not do the job in the overcrowded hood. I wonder why they made everything so difficult to repair in this vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts