Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced the master cylinder and a ajuster rod on one of the rear tires we did everything to it and the abs light and break light keeps on

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
You are going to have to have a dedicated ABS scanner to figure out what the problem is. Generic code readers won't pickup ABS problems.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The ABS on my 2000 taurus was malfunctioning. It was active whenever I stopped and sounded terrible. I took it to Firestone and they put in new pads and turned the rotors. After a test drive the mechanic said the ABS needs looking at. I thought new pads would take care of the problem. I actually thought the rotors were shot to the point of metel to metal. After looking at the ABS diagrams I deceided to disable it by pulling a 10amp fuse in the box next to the battery. I tried about 4 fuses before I found the right one. Now the ABS light stays on and also the emergency brake light stays on but it brakes very,very nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ABS on my 2000 taurus was malfunctioning. It was active whenever I stopped and sounded terrible. I took it to Firestone and they put in new pads and turned the rotors. After a test drive the mechanic said the ABS needs looking at. I thought new pads would take care of the problem. I actually thought the rotors were shot to the point of metel to metal. After looking at the ABS diagrams I deceided to disable it by pulling a 10amp fuse in the box next to the battery. I tried about 4 fuses before I found the right one. Now the ABS light stays on and also the emergency brake light stays on but it brakes very,very nice.
[/b]
hey i have the same problem but i cannot fined the fuse for it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts