Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few days now my abs light has been turning on then a few second it would go off. Strange I heard that if your abs are malfunctioning the light would remain lit. But my light goes off so I decided to test them in the rain by stabbing on the brakes to see if the abs would activate but it didnt.

I just keep slideing down the block. :wacko: and sometime when it not raining I can feel that it wants to activate. Hope its not a major repair!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Could be something simple like a wheel sensor failing. Have the code read.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Check your front tone rings to see if they are cracked. In high-rust areas corrosion can get under the rings and crack them causing similar symptoms.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking it could be the sensor as well havent check it yet though I heard they sometimes get very dirty. All the tire are the same and all the fluids are top off. Although I have to admitt my dot 3 fluid is dirty as hell. There's no mention in the manual about it ever needing changing.

I lost my rack and pinion steering that way I should know better. I had the rack replace for $500.00 at 29000mi. I realize every fluid at sometime will need changing sooner or later.

Will code readers for obd2 read codes for abs as well?

I haven't check the rings yet. I'm going to wait for the snow to melt and then Ill take a look. At the same time I'll look at the sensor and see if there dirty. Appreciate the help fellas!! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts