Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing the ABS Module on my 2010 SHO to hopefully fix my sinking brake pedal. Ford wants almost $1800 for a new one so that is not an option, and even the $600 or so non Ford, remanufactured units are out of my budget, so I have been looking on eBay for used units.

The part number on the module in my car is AG13-2C405-AE. This part number is difficult to find, and when I do, they are $100+ with unknown mileage on them.
I have found a few BG13-2C405 for around $50 with <100k miles on them (B in the prefix denotes a 2011 model year part)
I have found a seller that has a AA53-2C405-BE for $65 with supposedly 85k on it out of a 2010 Taurus (even though AA53 is a Lincoln part number
and a BG13-2C405 also for $65 with supposedly 58k on it out of a 2011 MKS (even though it has a Taurus part number)

Does anyone know what the difference between these modules are? Are they interchangeable? I was able to extract the configuration out of the module in my car, so I should be able to "program" the replacement module if it is compatible.

Thanks
-Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brad,

It is not the module but the pump. I used my vin on my 2010 limited to get the proper part number and then found it on Ebay. Purchased the whole assembly for 105 and will just replace the pump but leave the original control module and this should save a trip to the dealer for programming. You just need to make sure you get a module that has the same features as our limited has adaptive cruise control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
taurusfanatic
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing