Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Taurus owners, this is gonna be my first post here, even though I read many many threads regarding repairs and maintenance, I couldn't find anyone who had my ABS problem...

I own a Taurus SE Gen III '98 model...

The thing is, last year my ABS indicator suddenly started flashing on and off randomly while I'm driving the car, even if it's at a full stop....when that happened, another thing started happening to my car...sometimes...and not ALL the time, my brakes slip...the brake pedal vibrates and I hear an ugly scraping sound....I should also mention the first time this happened I had just done a FULL brake service for my bull just a little less than a month before the accident happened...I needed to brake badly but the car wouldn't stop for nothing..

At first I thought it was my old Dunlops, so I replaced them....

After I replaced the tires at the local dealer in Kuwait, the brake slipping stopped happening...it stopped for almost a year now it's back again along with the ABS light flashing....
almost a month ago...which is almost a year from when the accident happened..

When I mentioned my problem to the dealership engineer and management, they denied it was anything more than a driving mistake.....

Please help...I don't know how to fix this problem...

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Originally posted by GTM@Dec 11 2003, 03:54 AM
Hello fellow Taurus owners, this is gonna be my first post here, even though I read many many threads regarding repairs and maintenance, I couldn't find anyone who had my ABS problem...

I own a Taurus SE Gen III '98 model...

The thing is, last year my ABS indicator suddenly started flashing on and off randomly while I'm driving the car, even if it's at a full stop....when that happened, another thing started happening to my car...sometimes...and not ALL the time, my brakes slip...the brake pedal vibrates and I hear an ugly scraping sound....I should also mention the first time this happened I had just done a FULL brake service for my bull just a little less than a month before the accident happened...I needed to brake badly but the car wouldn't stop for nothing..

At first I thought it was my old Dunlops, so I replaced them....

After I replaced the tires at the local dealer in Kuwait, the brake slipping stopped happening...it stopped for almost a year now it's back again along with the ABS light flashing....
almost a month ago...which is almost a year from when the accident happened..

When I mentioned my problem to the dealership engineer and management, they denied it was anything more than a driving mistake.....

Please help...I don't know how to fix this problem...
Kuwait? Are you in Saudi Arabia?

I would check your pads and the rotors.

-Damon

· Registered
79 Posts
Maybe dig the sand out of your calipers?? J/P Mine does the same thing only mine still stops, and I don't get the funny noises. I have No ABS at all and if I hit the brakes hard enough the rear end will lock up. I've been told it was one of my sensors gone bad. so Maybe you want to start w/ that?

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys...

As a matter of fact, I just recieved two books today, the Haynes and Chilton's Taurus manuals...I saw a pic of the ABS sensor and I thought that must be what needs to be checked or replaced...Thanks for the feedback.

-Damon[/b]
Actually I live in Kuwait, that would be why I use the Kuwait Ford dealership

G

·
Originally posted by GTM@Dec 11 2003, 09:26 AM

As a matter of fact, I just recieved two books today, the Haynes and Chilton's Taurus manuals...I saw a pic of the ABS sensor and I thought that must be what needs to be checked or replaced...Thanks for the feedback.

-Damon
[/b][/quote]
Looks like we need a Geography lesson on the TCCA.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Dec 11 2003, 10:54 AM-->QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Dec 11 2003, 10:54 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-GTM
@Dec 11 2003, 09:26 AM

-Damon
[/b]
Looks like we need a Geography lesson on the TCCA.
[/b][/quote]
Its all sand to me.

-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.