Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, the ABS never has worked since i've owned the car. And the ABS light on the dash is more prone to flash on and off during rainy situations. Is that a sign that it's just a faulty connection somewhere. Does anyone know how to remove the sensors from the wheel and test them or clean them? Thanks

Joel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just made the flickering when wet abs light go away on my 98. One of the lines going to a rear wheel sensor had been ripped off. The sensors themselves are pretty well sealed, and the connectors are pretty well protected. Definately check the lines.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (KARI K @ Jul 18 2009, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740496
Just made the flickering when wet abs light go away on my 98. One of the lines going to a rear wheel sensor had been ripped off. The sensors themselves are pretty well sealed, and the connectors are pretty well protected. Definately check the lines.[/b]
ripped off in the wheel well?

·
Registered
34 Posts
gone fishing, an i guess i'd picked up a stick or something. the line was pulled apart where it runs along one of the rear control arms.

funny thing was, even with the line completely severed, the light only flickered, and wound not come on at all for a few mins. really acted up when driving in wet weather.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay. my ABS sensors also have metal shavings stuck to them too. I've been told ABS sensors are magnetized.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
QUOTE (joelhiers @ Jul 18 2009, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740493
Actually, the ABS never has worked since I've owned the car. And the ABS light on the dash is more prone to flash on and off during rainy situations. Is that a sign that it's just a faulty connection somewhere. Does anyone know how to remove the sensors from the wheel and test them or clean them? Thanks

Joel[/b]
When your ABS light blinks, as you have described, it's displaying a code for use in diagnosing the problem. When this happens, your brake system reverts to a basic non-abs operation. You still have brakes, just not the ABS system. Check with your local dealer or service center to see if they can provide the code reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts