Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Bull owners,

My 2004 SES is displaying ABS warning Code B1342. This is apparently a code indicating the Module side of the ABS is failing. The ABS Module is mounted next to, but is separate from the ABS Hydraulic Pump and FORD P/N for the module is 4F122C219BA. However this is a discontinued Ford Part. Ive checked some Wrecking Yards with no luck so far.

Has anyone run into this issue before with this code? Has anyone tried tried a good aftermarket Modules?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Good Evening Bull owners,

My 2004 SES is displaying ABS warning Code B1342. This is apparently a code indicating the Module side of the ABS is failing. The ABS Module is mounted next to, but is separate from the ABS Hydraulic Pump and FORD P/N for the module is 4F122C219BA. However this is a discontinued Ford Part. Ive checked some Wrecking Yards with no luck so far.

Has anyone run into this issue before with this code? Has anyone tried tried a good aftermarket Modules?

Thanks for your input.
See pics. Yes, I found one at the JY with low miles and put it on. Real pain, tedious work to remove. Note "TCS" label means "traction control" option cars. There are people who will take your unit and repair and exchange in 24 hours. I do not remember the XXX code for non traction control vehicles.
Removal in my case works best with the modified quarter inch extension to turn the screws once they break loose. Once the screws break loose they turn too easy to make the ratchet work. Two screws visible from top, two from bottom, and two blind from the top. Need to remove the battery tray to access. These are a common fail.
Best have a blanket under the car to catch the screws you drop.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the great info and pictures, I'm definitely going to use a old sheet to catch those small screws. I'm researching EBCM repair facilities as I write this reply, I was unaware these were repairable. .

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Thank you for the great info and pictures, I'm definitely going to use a old sheet to catch those small screws. I'm researching EBCM repair facilities as I write this reply, I was unaware these were repairable. .
My made up tools for that project. Bit held in with masking tape in the socket. Spool for fingers is from old grill rotary with the forks removed and finger screw replaced with a set screw, and wrapped in tape for traction.

I found that once the screws break loose they are very loose but no room to get the fingers on them. Also used masking tape on the Torx bit to hold the screw on while starting it.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
My 2003 has the random ABS light problem. I found one part number YF1Z-2C219-AA but need to research it a bit more. It's a discontinued part. My shop says it's not worth fixing but I'm nervous driving around with a bad part.
It's my project after I come back from vacation.
It's always something......:eek:

·
Registered
22,444 Posts
^+1. As Chart said, you can either try to find/match the abs elec. module at a pick-n-pull jy or send yours in to an online repair shop. Imo, these are not a great jy part candidate since failure is so common. May do a search on the forum for some repair company names/addresses. It's just a matter of when, not if, those Bosch abs elec. modules fail. No need to fool with the hydraulic side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
sheila
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing