Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread ("Again With Rim And Tire Size Questions...") that was locked with only one reply.

The first sentence was "I can't find a lot of the relevant posts I vaguely remember, regarding tire sizes". I wrote that because, after a search, I couldn't find a lot of the relevant posts I vaguely remembered. I don't post a lot, but I do try the search function when I can.

My post was edited with:
just did a search for "tire size" Came up with a TON of results, all exactly answering this question. Even links to a tire size calculator....

Obviously, I didn't edit it or write that or I wouldn't have posted in the first place. That someone else found a TON of results doesn't help me. A link or two or some keywords *would* have been a big help. Links to tire size calculators aren't necessary as I made my own.

And had my post not been locked, I'd have asked why a 40 AR was recommended over a 45 since a 225/45-18 would be closer to the OEM tire size, and give greater speedo accuracy than a "225/40r18". I would have also asked if "35 high" and "45 high" referred to aspect ratio, and why "45 high is for 17s". That last part puzzles me. Tire Rack recommends a 225/45 for 18" rims.

And the fact that another tire size post (What Size Tires?, 17's) on the same page remained unlocked, even though it started with "I know this has been beaten to death... also piques my curiosity.

Maybe it would help if there was a sub-forum or FAQ *just* for tire sizing, so these questions wouldn't bother people. Those of us who ask them are just looking for answers, helpful recommendations, and personal experience.

I doubt any of us are looking to make life more difficult for anybody.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
:withstupid:

I agree. You did say that very nicely. Not trying to flame anyone. Nice change of pace for these forums recently...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Brad.. Maybe a sticky is in order....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys.

One of the problems of searches is finding key words that bring up relevant results. I remember venom giving some very specific recommendations to several posts, and I think at least one I started.

But I couldn't find that post, even using my name as a key word. So I'm missing something and I'd buy a vowel, if I thought it would help.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts