Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing things around on the boards about the transmission cooler. Well i was thinking whilst driving the yesterday if one would help with my cars tranny. I notice when i first drive off after it sitting for the night that it shifts pretty dang good. Soon as it starts warming up is when it likes to be horse bucky. I'm thinking it shifts fine because the transmission fluid is nice and cool, then it warms up and thins out. Is a transmission cooler gonna allow that fluid to stay much cooler and will it act like it does after sitting overnight? In other words, worth the money?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yes, the transmission cooler will leave the fluid cool and it will be better for the transmission. I recommendo you get one if you can because Taurus/Sable tranny tend to get the fluid warm and that will mess up the tranny. Good luck.

Frank

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gee 97, following up my post all over :p well anyways, the tranny already blew once on my car. during its last few days, bad smell of burned tranny fluid (after getting changed) and would shift REALLY hard. Still shifts rought now. Same tranny, just rebuilt. So i would prefer not another 1500 to rebuild or more to get new. I still seem to have a little smell of burned tranny fluid so cooler i think is a good idea. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think that one will definitely work ... some people in here have the Hayden 1403 which its almost the same thing and I have heard good stuff from this people about the Hayden 1403 but I am pretty sure that one will work, and the price in that one its a steal so that one its good to go.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts