Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am new to this site so bear with me... I have a 98 ford taurus se. I live on a block with a bunc of kids. I park my car in the street and they walk by and scratch the bumpers and the side all the time.. My boy friend has one of those wax wheel things.. so does any one know of what kind of wax that would help the scratches.. some of them are not that deep.

G

·
Originally posted by italiantaurus@Jul 24 2004, 01:52 AM
Ok stupid question how can i get a hold of him to ask him... sorry i am really knew...

Just click "My Controls" towards the top right side of the site, under the buttons for Archive, Taurus FAQ, etc... Then there will be options down the left, just click "Compose New Message" and for "To:", just put in n2_space - or you can visit the detailing thread at the top of the Taurus & Sable discussion and post your question there. Or he may see this thread and reply, lol. One way or another, you'll get a hold of him. Let me know if you need any help. :)

Welcome to the club! B)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help i just did it.. I am not sure if this is a good thing yet or no but my boyfriend is getting me into cars and he really wants to do up my car. cause he does it to his already and has 2 really nice cars

G

·
Originally posted by italiantaurus@Jul 24 2004, 02:44 AM
thanks for the help i just did it.. I am not sure if this is a good thing yet or no but my boyfriend is getting me into cars and he really wants to do up my car. cause he does it to his already and has 2 really nice cars
No problem. :) There are a lot of was you can dress up your car. If you take a look at the TCCA Garage (link on front page of forum) you should be able to get some ideas from there. Also, if you look through the Aesthetics forum you can probably find some ideas. B)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Got the PM and responded this morning :) Let me know if you need anymore help italiantaurus :)

G

·
I got a couple of scratches that I wanted to buff-away as well. What type of compoud should I use? Thanks (Dont mean to steat the thread... but while we're talking ahout it...??)

SableSal

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 24 2004, 02:17 PM
I got a couple of scratches that I wanted to buff-away as well. What type of compoud should I use? Thanks (Dont mean to steat the thread... but while we're talking ahout it...??)

SableSal
Well, it is hard to tell without actually seeing them or feeling them. Do this, run your fingernail across the paint, if it catches your fingernail (you can feel it with your fingernail), it is too deep to be pulled out safely (without screwing up the paint). If not you can try a few different things, but you always want to use the least abrasive product you can. Most of the stuff I use is professional stuff you can't usually get locally or easily. Let me know what you find and if you have some pics I can help a little more :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts