Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My car is a Taurus 2001 SE. A couple months ago, I had ignition coil replaced because the engine check light was on and the dealer diagnosed failed ignition coil. I also changed the broken exhaust hanger. About one month ago, my car's noise became abnormally louder than before, especially the engine rotation speed is beyond 2000. I also feel it accelerate slower than before.

Does anybody encounter similar problem? Is it required to tune the engine after replacing the ignition coil but the dealer did not cover it? Is it possible that the noise comes from incorrectly installed exhaust hanger?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
834 Posts
QUOTE (arrow @ Mar 16 2009, 10:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709179
Hey,

My car is a Taurus 2001 SE. A couple months ago, I had ignition coil replaced because the engine check light was on and the dealer diagnosed failed ignition coil. I also changed the broken exhaust hanger. About one month ago, my car's noise became abnormally louder than before, especially the engine rotation speed is beyond 2000. I also feel it accelerate slower than before.

Does anybody encounter similar problem? Is it required to tune the engine after replacing the ignition coil but the dealer did not cover it? Is it possible that the noise comes from incorrectly installed exhaust hanger?

Thanks a lot![/b]
Any way to get an audio or video clip posted of the "noise"??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts