Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: Yesterday We put a rebuilt tranny in my 88 taurus 3.0 and it is shifting into drive where it should be shifting into 2nd, It has to hit about 35 or 40 mph to shift at all, can anyone tell me what it might be or what i can try????? PLEASE

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Do you have your shift linkage adjusted right?

Apart from that it would seem that you have either a Valvebody issue and or governor issue.

Honestly you should probably get pull it back out and make sure that all the check balls are in the right place in the valvebody and you should probably also check the governor inside the transmission.

old chrysler 31TH transmissions use to have a problem where the valve in the governor would stick open and not allow the vehicle to shift.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
hmmm he should be able to hookup some pressure gauges and watch the line pressure there shoud be some taps on the front of the trans.

If you had a book for the trans it would make it easier on you.

B

·
0 Posts
Make sure you have the Throttle Valve (TV) cable attached correctly, and that it's adjusted. This will cause those types of problems.

Also, I'm not completely familiar with some of the older transmissions. Does this have a vehicle speed sensor? If so, make sure that's hooked up as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts