Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:flag:

Pat Tillman was a true hero and should be upheld as a role model and example for all Americans. Has anyone here heard about the campaign to get the 40 yard lines on every NFL field red white and blue for ever?

From GlennBeck.com :

"A 40-Yard-Line Memorial to Pat Tillman
To honor Pat Tillman and to have a story to tell your children for generations, contact the NFL at 212-450-2000 and tell them to paint the 40 yard lines in red, white and blue."

I think the TCCA could get behind this effort!

(Edit for spelling)

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Yeah, I think we should all drop a dime to the NFL for Pat Tillman, a true American hero.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
true i agree
Today in a world where most men (including myself) make selfish decision, well pat was an exception.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it's great that everyone thinks of him as THE great American Hero, but that is not what he wanted. I think we will bel doing him and the other people in the armed services a great injustice if we do the 40 yard line stuff.

Besides, I think we should make the center of every field a big silver star, in honor of Janet Jackson.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by DayOff@Apr 30 2004, 02:49 PM
I think it's great that everyone thinks of him as THE great American Hero, but that is not what he wanted. I think we will bel doing him and the other people in the armed services a great injustice if we do the 40 yard line stuff.

Besides, I think we should make the center of every field a big silver star, in honor of Janet Jackson.
As long as the star wasn't for the Dallas Cowgirls..paaatooeee

Go Texans!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by DayOff@Apr 30 2004, 03:49 PM
I think it's great that everyone thinks of him as THE great American Hero, but that is not what he wanted.  I think we will bel doing him and the other people in the armed services a great injustice if we do the 40 yard line stuff.
I agree. What makes him more a hero than any of the 700+ soldiers who have died over there? Because he was somewhat of a celebrity? I don't buy it. I doubt he would appreciate the way his passing has gotten this much attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts