Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to do that thing I rarely do - sit back and think.

Last night, after visiting my grandma in Winnemac, IN at her "summer home" for a cookout and social hour... I looked down at the odometer after entering Michigan City, IN again and noticed that it was changing over from 93,999 to 94K miles. Without thinking about it, I smiled, placed my hand on the dashboard and patted it whispering "Atta girl."

Through thick and thin, this car has proved to be a trooper, and has paid for itsself time and time again. From going to the east coast (through MI, Canada [don't ask], NY, and RI) to have the front end repaired, to going to Chicago (in the fast paced world.. :lol:) to visit a friend, she hasn't let me down yet.

And to think, I would have gotten rid of her if it wasn't for finding the TCCA and making friends with it's wonderful members. I used to hate this car... I used to think that the only people who drove it were grandmas and grandpas that were ready to keel over. "No one does anything COOL with a Taurus." Is what I also thought. Boy, was I wrong.

You guys have taught me so much since August 2003. I went from not knowing how to change a flat tire, to wiring fog lights, making "hidden images" in my tail lights, replacing parts, and doing oil changes by myself. I've even gotten to the point where I can school some people on the Taurus ;)

I had no clue what I wanted to do as a career, but after meeting my fate and "teaming up with the Taurus", I know what I want to do for a living.

If it wasn't for the caring, helpful, knowlegable, and generally excellent people of the TCCA, I'd still just be another clueless teenage girl (who was broke... :lol:)

And I have gotten to know you all (or most of you) through the mishap of a poor little crushed red Taurus.

So... really I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to you all and that I really appreciate you all very much! LRB and I wouldn't have had much "one on one" time together if it wasn't for all the cool things going down here :)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
:cool_shades:

B

·
0 Posts
You know, Ash, you've made some pretty cool changes in yourself in the past year. I have a lot of respect for anyone that starts from less than nothing with a car, and turns it all around to be a COTM contender. Nice job with the car, be good to her and she'll be good to you!

·
Registered
367 Posts
very interesting outlook you have about the taurus. but you gotta admit ford made a overall very good car. this is what i hit today on my way to enchanted rock. kinda scary hhaha.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by osiris98sho@Sep 12 2004, 11:14 PM
very interesting outlook you have about the taurus. but you gotta admit ford made a overall very good car. this is what i hit today on my way to enchanted rock. kinda scary hhaha.
:lol2: i remember when i hit that in my 97. it was quite freaky!! i actually will be hitting 6,666 soon in my 04. probably in about a month.

and ashley, good job with your car. makes me miss my gen3. :(

J

·
0 Posts
You've come a very long way and have earned a lot of respect for yourself and your car. Glad to hear it! :thumb: I, too, feel like I have learned TONS about cars in general in addition to much Taurus specific knowledge. I went from hating my Gen 3 with problems, solving a lot of them, to upgrading to a Gen 4 that has served me VERY, VERY well and I've been able to do quite a bit with. :) I honestly don't think I would have given a Taurus another chance if it hadn't been for this club. B) As a matter of fact, I'm going to look at a new one tomorrow. There are AMAZING deals going on with 04's in my area right now and I might try to upgrade, AGAIN. I might be getting my third Taurus, lol. However, I must admit, I do miss my Gen 3. There's just something about them that I really like.

Anyways, I hope to see many more things like this come out of the club. B) Like Bob always says, it's the people that make this club; the cars come second. :)

:thanks: :tcca:

:notworthy:

[/steps off soap box :p ]

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Sep 13 2004, 06:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Sep 13 2004, 06:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-n2_space@Sep 13 2004, 11:27 AM
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/maddpropps.gif' alt='' width='380' height='200' class='attach' />[/url]

:lol: [/b][/quote]
I just fell off my friggin chair! :lol: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: Ah the images I find on the net :thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Sep 13 2004, 06:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n2_space @ Sep 13 2004, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Bob [email protected] 13 2004, 06:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-n2_space

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Ashley your story sounds a lot like mine, except yours doesn't sound as crazy - I bought my old '91 with 145k miles on it already, and I've spent more than any sane person would on repairs on it, and now as it approaches 175k miles, it certainly doesn't look as good as it used to, but I still love it :)

Keep going after COTM, you deserve it.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Originally posted by osiris98sho@Sep 12 2004, 10:14 PM
very interesting outlook you have about the taurus.  but you gotta admit ford made a overall very good car.  this is what i hit today on my way to enchanted rock. kinda scary hhaha.
i did that yesterday, weird

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I've patted my cars dashboard quite few times....hit me hard when I turned 125k.. but my best memory was hitting 123,456 in a BMW dealership, 142k now...112k seems like yesterday... I pat my car, I talk to my car, its like a best friend/family member to me....
my car even giggles (damn water pump).

I "hugged" a Taurus wagon today at the junkyard.. 1st gen wagon with 327k on it, with only 1 tranny replaced in '97..then just shocks and brakes...the paint was all faded to primer, interior was stained bad...but I looked at it and thought about the 327,000 miles of memories that it had brought to someone....something many cars on the road cant do...I'm tempted to buy it from the yard and push it too 500k :) Also gave some credit to a '96 sable wagon with 200k on it...which was totalled with a small front fender bender..

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
*e-hugz* for Ashley. :) Keep reppin the TCCA. You are an awesome addition to the TCCA.

guess what??

:banana: banana!!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts