Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a real cold air intake for the GenIII's? I have found them for older Taurii and sables, and I've found cone filter upgrades, but nothing that will suck cold air in. All the Upgrades I see only suck warm air from under the hood into a high flow cone filter, and I don't see the benefit of that tradeoff.
I've heard of adapting a Contour/Cougar intake, but I don't know how feasible that really is.
If Any of you know more about this, you're help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the intake kit you linked to, and it's not a "cold air intake" by popular definition. It's just a cone filer intake under the hood. I know the benefits of increased flow would help, but the fact it's sucking the air from under the hood instead of routing some way for fresh air to actually be channeled near the filer when the car is in motion is my dilemma.
I believe Draxas markets this as a "short ram intake" versus a true cold air intake. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you had really read what I linked to, you would know that Draxas is currently in the end stages of designing a true fender-mounted-cone filter cold air intake for the Duratec, with design and production for the Vulcan engine to follow shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts