Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all.

With the a/c on the Taurus going out, and the temperatures soaring near 100*F, in Houston, I figured it was about time for a daily driver that had a/c, wasn't afraid of bumps or puddles, or wasn't facing certain transmission doom within the next 20k miles.

To be very clear, I DID NOT GET RID OF MY TAURUS. It's sitting comfortably, at my house, and will get to live in the garage now. It will get the a/c replaced at some point, but right now the situation isn't quite as urgent as before. :)

I have been looking around at trucks for a month or two, planning on buying one near the end of the year. The a/c failure on the Taurus facilitated the purchase of a Truck. I test drove Mark LT's, Lariats, XLT's...but there was something about an FX2 sport that really got my attention. The truck just felt right. I had a "billy badass" feeling when driving it, which I feel when I'm driving the Taurus, but didn't get when driving any of the other trucks.

Here are a couple (crappy) camera phone pictures of her. More pics to come when I get her all cleaned up again. It actually rained in Houston the day after I bought her, so she got dirtied. :mellow:

Heeere's Angela:

Here's what 18,000 miles of air filter use looks like:

Details:
-2008 F-150 FX2 Sport
-Oxford White
-"Whip me, Spank me" black leather interior, with red sport stitching
-18k miles
-4.6L V8

The mod bug has already struck, and I put an K&N filter in it, and removed the intake silencer. A sub + amp are in the works, and I'm exhaust shopping. Maybe some OEM 20's at some point. Probably when it needs tires. I'm not doing a whole lot to it, since the Taurus has become the official toy, so the car will get all the crazy stuff.

In summary: I freakin love it!!

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
:wub: Looks really good. When I'm down in March I want a ride :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Very cool looking truck Mark B) Congratulations! I like that FX2 package...works nicely on the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 04-08 F150 Owners Club :banana: I love my truck. I do think about unloading it at times, but doubt I could ever do so. There's TONS of stuff that can be done for the exhaust. I lucked out and scored a Roush Off Road used for like 200 bucks. Sounds freaking awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i dont normally like white vehicles but i really like this truck. i think its because its not like every other f-150 you see... in fact i don't think i have ever even seen an FX2 sport up here in minnesota. i think you need a fiberglass bed cover with a spoiler on it to complete the look. if done right it could look really good on that truck
edit: come to think of it do they even make fiberglass style bed covers for these trucks? i dont know if i have ever seen one...

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Lookin good Mark! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Yes they do. Everything is available for the 04-08 truck. I am not a fan of the fiberglass covers unless it is a full shell. With a flat fiberglass cover you lose too much space and they are a PITA to remove

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Just rhino the bed if it isn't done yet. A truck isn't supposed to have a cap!

·
Registered
223 Posts
High Five! That's exactly what I'm getting when my taurus quits.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
QUOTE (lotaparamoi @ Jul 20 2009, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740794
High Five! That's exactly what I'm getting when my taurus quits.[/b]
you jinxed it now it wont ever quit haha. (wouldn't it be great if things worked that way...)

true on the cover i guess it all depends on what he will be using for

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great looking truck. I love the look of the front end on that! I'm also partial to white, so all the better! Congrats on a beautiful purchase! :thumb:
BTW, I think this is the first FX2 that I've seen as well???

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
so whats the red vehicle under the book? its been bugging me... i cant figure it out...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JR, tis the good ole 2v. It's a very de-tuned version of the last gen mustang GT engine. It needs a tune baaaaaad. The 4.6 3v made it's way into the trucks for the 09 model year.

Mr. Sable, it's a 98 Subaru legacy GT wagon, 5-speed. B)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I have been Looking for a pickup as well.

Mark you should load the wheels in the back and make a trip up to Oklahoma

Mike
:ph34r:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts