Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C is currently only blowing through the defroster vents. I have to remove the a/c blower motor to clean out some ribbon (that my wife :p left in the glove box) that had gotten wrapped around the "hamster wheel" and I wonder if it was possible that I knocked something loose while I was cleaning it out. I had to reach up into the vents to make sure I got all off the ribbon out. I hope that I did :huh:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'll bet that's exactly what happened. Your blend door actuator, which is vacuum operated, is not functioning properly. When it fails, it defaults to sending the air to the defroster vents for safety reasons (so you can still see if the windshield gets foggy). Get back under there, check the vacuum lines and make sure the blend door isn't simply stuck from your reaching around in there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do you have Manual or Automatic controls? The systems are different.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
not really...either way, if there is a leak in the vaccume system(both are operated that way) it will default to defrost mode. So check the vaccume lines...especially right behind the radio.

Brad

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ummm..... Yea. The EATC system is primary servo/motor driven where as the manual system are vaccum controled. For example the EATC systems have a blend door motor, where as the manual ones don't.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by JJ57@Jun 18 2004, 09:48 AM
Ummm..... Yea. The EATC system is primary servo/motor driven where as the manual system are vaccum controled. For example the EATC systems have a blend door motor, where as the manual ones don't.
Im talking about a gen 3 which he has a gen 3. YOU ARE COMPLEATLY WRONG. NExt time do some research before telling me im wrong....

The only motorized thing is the belnd door actuator (manual or auto climate) which has nothing to do with this problem. So in other words, you just dug your self in deeper by providing two false pieces of info. If you want to challenge me, do it in a PM to avoid embarrasing yourself further.

Brad

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO+Jun 18 2004, 09:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Jun 18 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JJ57@Jun 18 2004, 09:48 AM
Ummm.....  Yea.  The EATC system is primary servo/motor driven where as the manual system are vaccum controled.  For example the EATC systems have a blend door motor, where as the manual ones don't.
Im talking about a gen 3 which he has a gen 3. YOU ARE COMPLEATLY WRONG. NExt time do some research before telling me im wrong....

The only motorized thing is the belnd door actuator (manual or auto climate) which has nothing to do with this problem. So in other words, you just dug your self in deeper by providing two false pieces of info. If you want to challenge me, do it in a PM to avoid embarrasing yourself further.

Brad [/b][/quote]
In addition to what Brad said:

Gen 2 with EATC is the same as Gen 3, in the sense that the only servo controlled part of the system is the blend door actuator. The ventilation routing is vacuum controlled in both the manual and EATC systems. Vacuum is controlled through the means of several solenoids located in the EATC head (Gen2).

·
Registered
411 Posts

Brad
Somebody did not have their Fruit Loops this morning. :notworthy:

Vacuum is controlled through the means of several solenoids located in the EATC head.
... So there are solenoids that control vacuum in an EATC system. So that makes this possible.

Embarrased? I am now more curious as ever.

We still do not even know if he has EATC or not. If he does, he can self test the system and find out.

Lets wait for a response and find out what happens.

And get some Fruit Loops, you get really grumpy when you don't have any. :p

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Morning cereal or not JJ, you did kinda pull that gem of wisdom outta your a**. In the future, if you're not entirely sure about a particular system, please try to refrain from answering, or make it a point to communicate in your post that your response is a hypothesis, rather than an absolute fact. It helps to cut down on the confusion.

Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lets get back to helping guy and find out if he has EATC, and if he does, get it into a diagnostic test and maybe find out what is wrong.

And the EATC systems do use solonoids for control of the vacuum as you mentioned, so it drives itself off the the EATC head, hence the EATC systems depend PRIMARLY more on servos, solonoids, motors, and sensors as the Manual ones do not, my original point.

I never said vacuum did not play a part of it, and that "Gem of Wisdom" from my a** is just what I said above.

Enough Already!!

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Well, I think it's safe to say that he didn't jar a solenoid loose.

Lost N the woods, check for a disconnected vacuum line or actuator in the area where you were working. The actuators look like a silver cylinder with a vacuum line connected to it.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by JJ57@Jun 19 2004, 10:39 AM
Lets get back to helping guy and find out if he has EATC, and if he does, get it into a diagnostic test and maybe find out what is wrong.

And the EATC systems do use solonoids for control of the vacuum as you mentioned, so it drives itself off the the EATC head, hence the EATC systems depend PRIMARLY more on servos, solonoids, motors, and sensors as the Manual ones do not, my original point.

I never said vacuum did not play a part of it, and that "Gem of Wisdom" from my a** is just what I said above. 

Enough Already!!
got to get the last word in huh? Dont try to change your response. If you want to be picky with words, your origional post said "...servo/motor driven..." WHICH ITS NOT, its solinoid driven. We all know what you meant, you were wrong. I pointed it out, you were still wrong.

your comment "...hence the EATC systems depend PRIMARLY more on servos, solonoids, motors, and sensors..." i guess thats objective, but id have to disagree. The system is mainly vaccum based. there is ONE motor in the system, sensors? well theres only 2 sensors of many that were added and required...inside and outside temp. (but this was not even part of the discussion, so ill igonore it for now)

And just to cover my ass.....i know that the 96-98 models had a "sun load sensor" it was not on the 99 model and nor is it required for proper operation of the RCC.

In the future, here is how i go about things: I make a post, and usually only do so if i know im correct, otherwise I post somthing like racerx said. Now, if someone pointos out a diffrent point of view or tells me im wrong, I DO RESEARCH, then come back with the correct information, or state that I was wrong and SAY IM SORRY. you dont seem mature enough to do either. That day I did have my froot loops, today I did not.

I am one of the most polite and helpful people on this board, untill some one tells me im wrong several time in a row. Get over yourself

Now that Ive been able to rant, i feel better! :D I was harsh...i admit that, so lets let it go.

Well wither way, the problem IS a vaccume leak REGUARDLESS of wether its electronic or not.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
oh, BTW: did you want more proof?

That would be a 98 RCC (remote climate control unit) The gen 2's had this built into the climate control head, as where the gen 3/4 have it seperate.

What are thoes colored tubes...oh wait...THERE VACCUM LINES!
OWN3D

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
I May have used the wrong wording, if I did, I apologize. What I mean was the system is controled by other means before the Vacuum even comes into play.

I too can help people, and have been doing part time A/C work in the summer for years, hence the discussion.

Your are correct, I should have worded it differently, point taken.

Stupid Adult ADD :lol2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts